09 August 2011

Why you talk-talk?

It's a story of direct translation:

Dialogue 1 / Setting: Classroom
Dialogue between an English Language teacher and her students.


Teacher: Class, today's topic is "About Myself". AJ, I would start from  you. Okay, may I know what is your ambition?

AJ: (Very enthusiastic) Teacher, I want to be many things. But, what I want the most is to be COOKER (periuk nasi)

Teacher: AB, how far is your house from the school?
AB: (shy student) Erm....not far teacher. 3 STONES (3 batu)


Teacher: May I know what is your father's job AE?
AE: (very confident) My father is a COWBOY (penternak kerbau)


Dialogue 2 / Setting: Office
Dialogue between a clerk and a student.


Clerk: Excuse me, may I help you?
Student: Can you CHOP (potong) my certificates?


Dialogue 3 / Setting: Workshop
Dialogue between a driver and a mechanic.


Mechanic: What happen to your car?
Driver: I had accident this morning. Luckily I am still here. 
Mechanic: How did it happen?
Driver: I never checked the tire before. The tire has no FLOWER (bunga). It was raining cats and dogs. The road was slippery so I slowed down my car immediately but the brake NO EAT (tidak makan) already. Then one car has CUT (potong) me. I can't control my car anymore.
Mechanic: You don't know anything about car's maintenance?
Driver: I don't know WHAT-WHAT (apa-apa). I need your help. Let's fix this car TOGETHER-GETHER (bersama-sama)


Dialogue 3 / Setting: Hospital
Dialogue between a mother and a son who pays a visit to their relative at the hospital.


Mother: Son, let's go to the hospital to visit your uncle.
Son: Okay, mum. What do you bring as HANDFRUIT (buah tangan), mum?
Mother: (advice) Please make sure you don't PLAY-PLAY (bermain) later in the ward.


















 



No comments: